Imagine that “love” was something you could literally tap.
- What do you think that something that you could tap would be?
In other words, imagine that love was a drum of some sort?
- What would the drum be made of?
You have it? You know what love would be most like?
I’m sure your ideas are creative and great…but from my research, tapping on love would be like tapping on air.
It would seeeem like you’re make no sound.
Nobody would see what you’re tapping on exactly.
You wouldn’t necessarily hear the repercussion you’re making.
But your tapping could reach and be felt by those whom you wanted to tap.
Why Is Love Like Air?
Love is everywhere.
It gives life.
It allows us to breathe.
It remains with us from the moment we take our first breath to the moment we take our last.
Sometimes it’s calm.
Sometimes it’s windy.
Sometimes it’s sooo forceful that it knocks us over.
And as poetic as this may seem, love is like air because it transports messages.
It’s what’s between me and you but it’s what unifies us all.
What’s The Essence of Love?
If there is anything that you should fully understand about love, it’s that it’s universal and extremely personal at the same time.
Talk about having a conflicting nature, right?
No wonder love is so fuzzy, so ambiguous and so seemingly unattainable for many of us.
Not because love is impossible… but because it’s very fluid and HIGHLY influenced by personal factors, interactive factors, social factors, how we were raised as children and the list goes on and on. But I’ll stop because it’s a tad overwhelming.
Always beyond our grasp. Because instead of holding a tight grip on it, we should feel it.
Let it fly remember?
And if it returns to you, it was always meant to be.
What Is The True Vibrational Frequency of Love ?
Most of us often forget how personal love is and unfortunately, we also forget how universal it is.
Sadly, world issues remind us of how disjointed the world feels at times.
And our personal relationships with those whom we love often remind us (but often we don’t take the time to notice) how abandoned they are and how abandoned we feel.
It’s not that we are disjointed or abandoned, it’s simply that we are craving for more connection.
So, when answering the question, what is the true vibrational frequency of love , there are a couple of things to consider:
1) According to some scientists, the literal frequency of love is 528 Hz.
Personally, I had never heard about this and when I heard the what 528 Hz sounds like on YouTube, which you can hear by clicking, here if you can’t see the video below.
I didn’t think it was that special. (And I’m pretty flexible and open to all sorts of music).
I found another video that is more enjoyable than the first, because it’s more melodic and varied. More fluid…. like air blowing in different directions, not just one.
Listen to it:
If you can’t see the video above, you can find it here.
I’m curious to know what you though of either of these 528 Hz sounds in the comments below.
2) In order to understand love, it’s important to know that biologically, it is a surge in oxytocin and dopamine (both naturally occurring hormones) that last about for about 3 years. (There are people who can maintain that initial feeling-absolutely-and-utterly-in-love spark for a longer period of time… but those people are usually the exception… not because the rest of the population loves their partners less and less as time goes on, but because the oh-my-gosh-I-can’t-get-enough-of-you-feeling is not as nurtured to the degree that it’s still doing wonderful 3 years in. Come to think of it, that’s how many friendship relationships are, isn’t it?)
3) So, in essence, we have to see love as a connection, a click, a heart-to-heart pizzazz that can be maintained by:
- your personal development as an individual
- your personal development as a couple
In other words, as I’ve said before, love is work.
And you gotta nurture it.
If you never work toward improving your love and you don’t nurture it… it’ll become flabby at best.
As you can see, neither hertz nor biology alone can satisfy that craving for connection that you all have.
Who’s going to do the work then?
How Can You Improve Your Personal Vibrational Love Frequency?
According to the author of Getting the Love You Want, Harville Hendricks, there are 3 stages that people in romantic relationships go through. They are:
- Romantic Love
- Power Struggle
What you experience in each of these stages isn’t perfect, but as I’ve been sharing with you on this site, they are so worth it.
When you first meet, you may start to like/love one another, but sooner or later you’ll have conflict.
Instead of thinking that your partner (which implies that there are two people working toward something) is there to make you feel the pain of your past (especially the not-so-conscious pain from your childhood) all over again, think of them as being there to help you heal what hasn’t been healed yet.
I know, I know.
Many of us don’t want to feel any pain whatsoever.
And while Hendrick’s work does focus on romantic relationships, all relationships work like this.
An Important Reminder About Your Love Frequency
It’s important to remember that your truth and my truth are different.
What’s true for you is not true for me, so the true vibrational frequency of love is one that:
- you feel with yourself
- you feel toward your loved ones
- and one that you can feel towards everything as a whole
It’s personal to you. And at the same time it’s universal.
What Is Required To Improve Your Love Frequency?
As Gary Zukav, author of the Seat of the Soul (one of my favorite books of all time) says:
Spiritual partnerships are the most fulfilling, substantive, and deep relationships possible. They are relationships between equals for the purpose of spiritual growth. Growing spiritually means creating a life of more joy and less pain, more meaning and less emptiness, and more love and less fear. As we become aware of ourselves as more than we once thought that we were—and this is happening to millions of people—we long for relationships that are the most meaningful and rewarding possible, that support us in becoming healthy, vibrant, creative, and loving. These are spiritual partnerships.
Love Is Like Two Radio Stations
- One that is your favorite radio station
- The other is your partner’s favorite radio station
Although our natural tendency is to listen and enjoy our favorite station for long periods of time, from time to time, you have to tune yourself to your partner’s favorite station to listen in, enjoy and comment on what he/she likes to enjoy.
At other times, he/she needs to willingly tune into your station to listen in to your favorite sounds.
Is this process going to be perfect?
And are you both going to always remember to stop listening to your favorite station to go listen to your partner’s?
But it’s okay to remind yourselves tactfully and when your partner reminds you, what’s important is that you do it willingly, out of love.
But if you or your partner is dragging his/her feet in order to listen in on the other person’s station, then that is a red flag.
Is it the end of the world?
No, it isn’t, but it’s worth looking into.
If, as Gary Zukav says, your’e together for spiritual growth purposes, it’s important to ask:
- Why don’t you want to support your partner or why don’t they want to support you?
- What’s underneath that resistance?
If you’re having a hard time figuring this out, ask yourself:
- When did this resistance start?
And try to unearth any negative feelings that may be blocking the desire to support one another.
What does tuning into your partner’s station mean?
This is what it means:
- you can try to enjoy what they enjoy
- you can be there for them
- you can listen to them
- you can do something for them
- you can try to see the world through their eyes
- you can stand in their shoes
- you can respect their taste (as much as possible)
- you respect their evolution as a human being (to me, this is key).
While these are general characteristics, knowing which of these is the most important to your partner is critical. (For more information, read the book The Love Languages).
After you know what your partner most requires/wants/desires from you, then it’s time to find out
- how often they want it— meaning what their preferred schedule for connection is
- how much they want it— whether they prefer to turn up the volume or turn down the volume on the frequency
This, of course, will vary from person to person, so it’s important that you find out from your partner what his/her preferences are.
There Is One Last Thing You Need To Listen To:
The last thing you need to listen to:
- Is not your favorite station, by the way (because you’ll do that willingly)
- It’s listening to your intuition.
It’s important to listen to your intuition because it’ll prevent you from getting too caught up in your own needs and your partner’s needs to evaluate how your relationship is as a whole.
- How healthy is it?
- What’s true for you?
- What is true for your partner?
- What is important in your relationship?
- What is working?
- What isn’t?
- How can your relationship be more satisfying?
- How can you better support one another?
(Download the Love and Treasure This Moment of Introspection PDF here so that you can take a moment to reflect on these questions).
As you can see, while some scientists claim that 528 Hz is the frequency of love… the best thing to do with that sound (if it doesn’t distract you) is to use it to meditate, which is another word for “reflect” on your relationship. Or you can play it in the background as you complete the Love and Treasure PDF above.
No sound will maintain you and your partner together forever.
No initial physical attraction is likely to continue to take your breath away at age 82.
And while there are no guarantees in life, what is most likely to keep you together is:
- working toward the common goal of supporting one another
- continuing to be interested in each other
- spending time together
- and showing up for one another when it most matters to each of you.. in your tough times, in your susceptible times… in your victorious times… in your confusing times… and in the times where you most crave connection.
Ultimately, the frequency of love is how often you frequent one another… meaning… how often you come together. How often you connect.
Emotionally. Physically. Mentally. Spiritually.
Being soooo willing to give your love and being super surprised that loving your partner that way fills your heart with even more love and appreciation for them, that you feel blessed to have today, and the next day and the next day to love them again.
Now It’s Your Turn
Download the Love and Treasure This Moment of Introspection PDF so that you can answer the questions about your relationship and find ways to ensure that your love vibration is alive and well.
And in the comment below, share with us, what have you been inspired to do in order to support your partner more?