There is a lot of hoopla around New Years Day. For some, this holiday, is the best holiday of the year. For me, it’s my least favorite. I don’t mean to step on anybody’s toes, but in my opinion, many of the best celebrations happen on any given day… on a day that is personally meaningful to you and your loved ones…. not on a day when you’re supposed to feel sad, joyous or excited that we’re moving from one day to the next. The best celebrations are usually not forced.
Regardless of the fact that my family and I don’t usually participate in the traditional New Year traditions, I want to share what I did this morning:
1. I picked up my baby from the crib and said “I love you” with hugs, kisses and all
2. I changed the baby’s diaper
3. We read a book together… one that we both enjoyed. I couldn’t think of any better way to start the year than by cuddling with my baby and reading a book.
We read Alpha Bugs book that we read:
Alpha Bugs is incredibly creative, let me prove it to you:
4. We had zucchini bread, baby cereal and cereal for breakfast. If you haven’t tried zucchini bread, you’re missing out.
5. I heard my baby render the baby version of a “woof woof” that sounded more like a huff and a puff than anything but which was precious and priceless.
6. We spent time together.
7. I breast-fed my baby.
8. My baby took a nap, and I’m writing this as my baby naps.
And so our day as a family will continue…with me trying to treasure the little things. I’ll sign off to be able to spend more quality time with them.