The Best Kitchen Spoons for the Tactile Cook
You know how when you’re sick, a bowlful of soup seems to do the trick to lift up your immune system and your mental framework so that you feel a little bit better? We know that the actual soup is important to this slow but steady recovery process. However, have you ever stopped to wonder that the simple act of using a spoon to serve yourself this simple, but tried-and-true goodness is part of the magic? There’s something about spoons and soup that has a dynamic quality. But every good thing has a unique trail, that often-times goes unnoticed.
Take the serving ladle for example. It is time and time again responsible for allowing you to savor a yummy soup, but often, we don’t pay much attention to it. Well guess, what? There is a spoon and ladle set which you won’t be able to ignore once you see it, and ESPECIALLY once you touch it. It is Rachael Ray’s 2 Piece Lazy Spoon and Lazy Ladle Set.
- My favorite kitchen spoons and ladles of all time!
Spoon Full of Love
After the first touch, you’ll be in love with this set. Nope, I’m not exaggerating. Many people think this a worthy set to fall in love with because it has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on Amazon out of 266 reviews (at the time of this post).
- This set is a 2-piece set. It consists of a spoon and a 1-inch deep ladle.
- The spoon and ladle each measure 11 inches long by 2 inches wide and weigh 8 ounces collectively. They are by no means flimsy spoons. They have a very nice weight to them. There are some people who may say that they’re too heavy, especially the ladle, but I don’t think they are at all! Are they heavy? A little, but not uncomfortably so. What is “too heavy” anyway? As a matter of fact, I believe that the weight complements your ability to balance whatever blazing-hot meal you’re serving without fearing that you’re going to spill it along the way.
- Its high-grade silicone construction flexes just a tad to allow you to scoop up food at the bottom of the pot in a similar way that a spatula would.
- The construction is very gentle on all of your pots, whether they’re non-stick, ceramic or stainless steel, so forget about ever scratching any of your prized bowls, pats, pans or dishes with these huggable pair.
- These spoons hold up very well and can withstand heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- One of the best features of these spoons that they have a perfect-sized notch on their handle that allow you to perch the spoon on the rim of your pans between usage to avoid drips keep your stove and countertops clean. And guess what? You’ll never scorch yourself with a hot-spoon…. even if you leave it for hours resting on a rim of a pot or pan on a stove.
- This set is dishwasher-safe
- And if this weren’t enough, they come with a limited lifetime warranty.
These are just some of the main reasons why these spoons are of great value in your kitchen.
Adding a Splash of Color for Your Kitchen
If you’re very interested in having a set that matches your decor, this set is available in:
But no matter what color you choose, you’ll be a little spoiled and won’t want to use any other serving spoons. It’s a drag having them in the wash and having to use any other spoon. These are so well loved, that it’s awful being without them. When I go to other people’s home’s and help serve any meals… it makes me truly miss this set. It’s SUPER silly of me to think this way, I know, but if you try them, you’ll probably understand why I’m in love with these spoons.
The only people for whom these spoons might not work well for are people who are left handed, because they’re shaped to the contours and grip of a right-handed person. But if you’re a right-handed person… it’ll seem that these spoons were made for you.
If you’re a Rachael Ray Fan, or even if you’re not, take a look at what joy they’re to work with.
These spoons are useful for serving hot meals, for parties and picnics and for serving yourself cold meals, like pasta salads.
I love having a good repertoire of kitchen tools, but I have to say that hands down, these spoons are my favorite kitchen utensils. Why? They’re like a little pamper and caress while you’re cooking.
Handing the Spoon Over To You
So now that I’ve shared these simple but truly loved kitchen utensils of mine, tell me:
- What is your favorite kitchen utensil? Why?
- Do you own this Rachael Ray spoon set? If so, what do you think of it?
If there is someone who loves the kitchen in your life or could love it a little bit more if they had lovable kitchen items like these, please feel free to share this article with them. And… don’t forget, it’s never too early to start Holiday shopping, and these spoons make awesome stocking stuffers, although for someone like me, who loves these spoons as much, they could potentially be the main Holiday gift.Google+