Are you looking for a resource that will take your business or career to the next level?
If so, this resource that I’m about to share with you might be the thing you need.
In the last post I spoke about Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Shining Year in Life Workbooks. Today, I’ll be sharing Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Shining Year In Biz (Business) Workbooks.
If you want a bit of background on Leonie and the workbooks you can check out the last post or the end of this post.
Otherwise, let’s jump right in and see how the biz version differs from the life version.
What I LOVE About The 2016 Create Your Shining Year In Biz Workbooks
- The cover is mesmerizing. I find myself staring at it every time, no matter how many times I see it.
- You can add your contact details in the beginning of the workbook in case you lose this treasure.
- A portion of the profits is used for philanthropy. What can be better than investing in something that makes the world better?
- It has the super-important section called the 2015 Closing Ceremony that invites you to reflect on the year that we’ve left behind (2015) before starting to plan for the year that lies ahead (2016).
- If you were lucky enough to have a 2015 Create Your Shining Year in Biz Planner, then this section should be easier.
- This closing ceremony is vital for:
- extracting the treasures and lessons that last year gave you
- increasing your peace about why things happened the way they did
- giving you more clarity about what you want to achieve in this upcoming year and
- giving you that push in the rear that makes you look forward to accomplishing your most important tasks this year.
- In addition to that, It’ll help you take a look at what your business successes were and where there’s room for improvement.
- It is THEN that you can plan for 2016 from a great frame of mind.
There are AMAZING sections devoted to your:
Finances which includes:
- A section devoted to your income goals and the passive income you would like to receive as well as your plan for achieving these financial goals
- A space to analyze your products, the price, the quantity you sold and how much you totaled.
- A space to analyze your current financial landscape
- Quick tips to improve your relationship to money
Team which includes:
- Your satisfaction with your current team/contractors/suppliers
- An analysis of what’s working and what’s not.
- The roles you need to fill.
- Goals for your team/contractors/suppliers
- Resources for improving your team dynamics
Your business support (system) which includes a space to reflect upon your:
- Mastermind partner
- Childcare support
- Own needs
- Your own venting needs
- Resources for your support.
Shining Boundaries and Balance
- What your’e going to do to provide yourself more balance
- How many vacations your’e going to take, when and what you need to do to make them happen.
- The self care rules you’ll set for yourself
- A snapshot of how you spend your time, and most importantly, how you want to spend it.
- What your’e going stop doing to move forward
- What habits will you start doing to move you forward
- What zen habits will you form
- Things you need to learn
- Programs worthwhile of your investment
- Books that will help you move you forward
- Your plan for learning and growing
- Training that you’d like your staff to have
- Leonie’s Education recommended resources
- Plans for improving customer support
- How to help customers the best
- Plans for rewarding your loyal customers
- Plans for capturing testimonials and success stories
- Honoring your customers
- Leonie’s customer service resources
- Plans for growing your list
- Social media growth plans
- Plans to get media mentions, participate in joint ventures, speaking gigs, and to attend networking events
- New products
- New services you have in mind
- How many blog posts, newspaper articles and newsletters you’ll write this year
- Free opt-in offers you’ll create
- Business goals
- Leonie’s marketing resources
- How much money you want to donate
- What else you can donate
- How can you make your business more ecofriendly
- How can your business help your local community and the world at large
- Leonie’s community resources
- What your grandest dreams are
100 Things to Do This Year
Your Ideal Day
What do do when everything sucks
Leonie’s tips for succeeding in business
Magic Mountain activity
What do do when you fall off the workbook wagon
What Other Things Do These Workbooks Include?
Aside from what I’ve mentioned above, the workbooks also include a spot for:
Your systems such as those devoted to:
- Resources recommended for your systems
- Dreamboard instructions, examples and video
- Mini portable dreamboard
Instructions, examples, and videos
Mini Portable Dreamboard
Pages for Notes, pictures, brainstorming and doodling
- Blank paper
- Lined paper
- And graph paper
How The 2016 Create Your Shining Year In Biz Workbook Works
It works based on your particular needs.
You’re free to fill out as little or as much as you want. The most important things to keep in mind are that you:
a) Write down your goals
b) Break down your goals and make sure that they’re actionable.
c) Schedule your goals in your calendar
d) Revisit your goals frequently to ensure that you’re on track.
Who Is The Create Your Shining Year in Biz Workbook For?
- People who like color
- People who don’t mind color (yet, please know that even though IT IS colorful, it’s not distracting).
- People who need a spot to reflect a bit on their prior year’s business success or failure in order to gain important insights on how to make their immediate future better
- People who are go-getters and aren’t intimidated by digging deep and analyzing their business in order to improve it
- As a matter of fact, even if you’re barely starting a business, this workbook will give you a good framework of what to keep your attention on and will provide you with resources that can help you advance further in your business
Who Is This Workbook Not For?
- If you are a very linear person who prefers charts, diagrams, T-charts, pros/cons lists, and are very structured in your thinking, it might be a bit of a stretch for you to embrace these workbooks.
- If you’re against all things that vaguely seem woo-woo.
- If you don’t like Leonie’s style, because this workbook is very much Leonie (which is a good thing, in my opinion).
- If you’re not committed to doing the work required to improve your business, and you treat your business more like a hobby than a business, then this workbook is not for you,
- If you think that you need no help whatsoever to run your business, then steer clear
- If you think your business is perfect (bet when is it really) and that you need no help, then you might as well save this money.
So Is This Create Your Shining Year in Biz Workbook Worth It?
As long as you realize that what you’ll get out of your year depends on how much heart, soul, work and effort you put into it, then yes, this workbook is worth it.
You know what else is worth it? You. Your goals and your dreams. So whether or not you buy this workbook or not, make yourself a priority and take care of your needs and your wishes.
Should You Get Both The Biz and Life Versions?
I believe that anybody who won’t automatically be turned off by the style and is committed to making a positive changes in their personal life can benefit from the life workbook.
If you have a business, then getting the biz version is practically a no-brainer if you want to improve your business life, as well.
Where Can You Get Yours?
While you’re visiting Leonie’s site, I highly recommend that you check out her Shining Biz and Life Academy because you wanna know something? If you buy this planner or any of the other products on the planner page Leonie will be giving you a limited-time discount to her Academy and it’s better to know whether or not this is something that you would like to participate or not.
Or you can buy the digital 2016 Biz and Life Workbook Bundle which includes the 2016 Create Your Shining Year in Life workbook as well as the 2016 Create your Shining Year in Biz digital workbook for $17.95.
Should You Get The Print Version Or The Digital Version?
The choice is yours. It comes down to how you like to think, reflect and plan.
If you prefer a digital calendar, are very eco-friendly or minimalist then perhaps you would like the digital version.
If you prefer a paper calendar, you can buy the print or the digital (since you can use it digitally or decide to print it if you change your mind).
Just make sure that whatever method you choose is the method that will allow you to feel the most comfortable in completing the workbook. Otherwise, what’s the point?
Benefits of buying the digital version of the Create Your Shining Year In Biz Workbook:
- You can keep your notes digitally on your computer or with an app like Noteshelf (love this app!) or the Goodreader app that will work on iPhones (even older ones).
- OR as mentioned earlier, you can print out the workbook.
- The best part is that you’ll be able to use the workbook right away.
- Since I’ll be using My Happy Planner that I raved about in my 2015 Love and Treasure Holiday Gift Guide (along with these planners), I have decided that that’s where I’ll store my 2016 Create a Shining Year in Life and Biz pages as well.
- It will reduce the amount of space I have to write in (in comparison to printing it out on regular sheets of paper) but I like the idea of having it all together and easily accessible throughout the year for my monthly reviews and for easy scheduling.
Benefits of Buying the Print Versions of The Create Your Shining Year In Biz Workbook:
- You’ll save time, money and effort in printing the books
- But you will have to wait for them to arrive
- You’ll get a quality product printed on quality paper
- It might be less expensive than printing your own copy at your local print shop (check out the prices in your local print shops prior to purchasing so that you can ensure you’re making the right decision for yourself).
Who Is Leonie Dawson?
Leonie is an amazing soul! I could leave it at that but she’s so much more. She’s a best-selling author, a mega-successful entrepreneur, a philanthopist, a coach, an WOWZER artist and a loving mother.
She’s an introvert that has still been able to rock it in the world. You can learn more about her by visiting Leonie Dawson’s website.
If you want to try a couple of her products for free, check out the freebies on her site and take your pick.
What Exactly Are These 2016 Create Your Shining Year Workbooks?
They are workbooks that have changed the lives, business and dream-acquiring potential of more than 120,000 women for 7 years now. The idea to create these New Years resolution workbooks came to Leonie when she was pregnant in 2009. And what an idea it was because they have been best-sellers and game-changers every year.
Now It’s Your Turn
- Have you used Leonie’s BIZ workbooks before?
- How useful have they been for you?
- Which do you prefer, the life workbook or the business workbook and why?
Share with me in the comments below.Google+